COVID-19 ACTION PLAN
In view of recent events and the current unprecedented pandemic the country and the world are facing, we would like to communicate the steps HG Construction are taking in these uncertain times.
Our first priority is the safety of our work force and as such, HG expects it personnel and supply chain to act in accordance with government directives regarding hygiene and self-isolation. In addition, we also recognise that we need to understand the potential impact that the pandemic could have on the workforce/supply chain and the subsequent impact on project delivery.
Whilst this situation is unforeseen and we are not able to predict the full impact that will be caused by this pandemic, we can take steps in an attempt to mitigate and manage any negative impact;
- Minimise all non-essential internal travel between sites/face to face meetings – utilise Conference Calls Skype/Teams meeting facilities where possible.
- Minimise all non-essential meetings where external visitors attend a company site.
- For customer facing roles, continue business as usual, but minimise all non-essential face to face meetings where possible with agreement from your line manager.
- Where possible, it is advised that you travel by car, limiting use of public transport.
Hosting Meetings/Visitors to site
- Minimise all guests arriving for non-essential meetings at company sites, utilising telephone/digital channels where possible.
- All visitors should be asked if they have travelled from a high-risk area in the last two weeks, or if they have symptoms of Coronavirus. Any visitor that confirms ‘yes’ to either question, or refuses to answer, will be denied access.
Site Management & Project Delivery
- Sites will remain open and operate as usual until directed otherwise being constantly assessed and in line with government direction.
- All sites will operate a site-specific risk register with regards to supply chain in order to identify any potential risk and potential mitigation options.
- All sites have reached out to specific supply chains to evaluate and monitor the risk – contingency plans are being reviewed and be implemented to ensure critical items of the business are not affected.
COVID-19 MITIGATION POLICY
- Client liaison will be on a site by site basis and any impacting factors will be reported accordingly
- On-going review on current projects to establish the actions that we can take to manage the impact on our employees, the public, our customers and the company
CAP Review Meeting
Due to the ever-evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic and to enable the most effective and timely reaction, the business will hold CAP meetings twice weekly at board level to review;
- Current government guidelines of best practice
- Any confirmed COVID-19 cases, both internally and within HG supply chain
- Review of all current project positions and risk profiles
- Review any and all impact on current projects and their delivery